1. Have you read any or all of Tess Gerritsen’s books before reading Playing with Fire?
2. What did you think of the picture on the cover of the book jacket as it related to the story line and did it draw your attention to being interested in reading this novel?
3. Have you ever visited Venice and if so, did you think Tess Gerritsen did a good job relating Venice to the story?
4. One very interesting fact on Playing with Fire was posted on the back flap of the jacket cover of the book…
The music “Incendio” was composed by Tess Gerritsen and is performed by internationally renowned violinist Yi-Jia Susanne Hou. To download the music or to hear a free sample, visit susannehou.com or tessgerritsen.com for more information.
Were you surprised by this additional talent of Tess Gerritsen?
5. How long did it take you to read Playing with Fire?
6. As you started reading Playing with Fire were you immediately immersed into the dual narrative?
7. As you were finishing Playing with Fire were you horrified by the way the musicians died?
8. If you never read Tess Gerritsen before reading Playing with Fire will you be tempted to read her other novels?
9. Do you think that it was credible that the music ‘Incendio’ could create a variety of actions? Can it transform you? How do you feel about the premise of the story? How does music make you feel? How does ‘Incendio’ make you feel?
10. Did you expect Julia’s marriage and her relationship to her little girl would survive her struggles as she searched for the truth of the “Incendio” waltz?
11. Lorenzo and Laura’s families played a pivotal part of this novel….did their story end up where you believed it would as you read along?
12. Did you see the twist coming at the end of the book?
13. Did you find the ending of this novel a surprise or did you feel the ending would be a great conclusion to the story?
14. Did you find this book suspenseful and did it hold your attention throughout the book?
15. Did you enjoy Playing With Fire? Who would you recommend it to?
Check out Playing With Fire book review!
Listen to Incendio (theme music for Playing with Fire) composed by Tess Gerritsen and performed by Yi-Jia Susanne Hou.
Check out this video with Tess Gerritsen on Playing With Fire: a reading and interview.