Read synopsis here.
1. What did you think of the main character Cassandra Bowden (Cassie)? Did you like her? Why and why not?
2. Did your like or dislike of Cassie change as the book progressed?
3. Do you think Cassie was suited to her job as a flight attendant? What aspect of her personality do you think was suited to her job? Did you think the author succeeded in depicting the life of a flight attendant? Continue reading “The Flight Attendant Book Club Discussion Questions”
Read synopsis here.
1.The book is told in lots of voices. Did you enjoy the numerous voices, or did you find it distracting and confusing?
2. Which character did you like the most? Why?
3. Elodie’s mother Lauren Adler was a famous cellist. She died when Elodie was young and Elodie didn’t get a chance to know her. What expectations are there on children of famous people and how does it affect them? Continue reading “The Clockmaker’s Daughter Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.The Filipinos in the book made sacrifices for their family in the Philippines. Ate, specifically, worked and sent money back to the Philippines in order to care for her son. She sacrificed herself for her child, would you do that? Would you go to all the lengths to provide for your child if you were in her shoes?
2. The Farm had many themes such as class, family, sacrifices, motherhood, love, assimilation, immigration, gender, race, religion etc. Which theme impacted you the most? Which theme stood out? Continue reading “The Farm Book Club Discussion Questions”
1. How is Margie similar to her grand daughter Madeleine? What did they both want?
2. The book is written with Madeleine viewpoint in 1999 and what happened to her grandmother Margie in 1924. Did you enjoy the back and forth between the two stories in the book? Which story interested you more? Continue reading “The Light Of Paris Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.Were you surprised by who the murderer was? Did you guess right?
2. Kate English and Blaire Barrington’s friendship ended because of Simon and a difference in opinions. What did you think about the friendship between Kate and Blaire? Do you think that their friendship was tenuous? Have you fallen out with a friend because of a new boyfriend/girlfriend?
3. Which character did you least like? Which character did you like?
4. Can you relate to, or identify with any of the characters? Continue reading “The Last Time I Saw You Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.What is a definition of feminism? Who is a feminist? What does the book tell us about feminist and feminism in the 21st century?
2. Faith and Greer grew up in different eras. What has changed in their respective youths? Can you relate to the generational differences in feminism as the book progressed?
3. What did you think about Greer when she didn’t hand over the letter that Zee wrote for Faith? Was Greer selfish? Why did Greer jeopardize their friendship? Continue reading “The Female Persuasion Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.Assunta Mascaro, Stella’s mother was very religious. She believed in Jesus Christ and went to mass. When Assunta went into labor with her first child, the older women of Ievoli hung mint over her bed to ward off the Evil Eye. Why do you think that the women, who believed in God, also practiced things to ward off the Evil Eye? Is there a contradiction here? How do you explain it?
2. Of Stella’s many near deaths, which one did you like the most? Why? Continue reading “The Seven Or Eight Deaths Of Stella Fortuna Book Club Discussion Questions”
Read synopsis here.
1. Anna Kerrigan was not wearing stockings or shoes on the beach when she met Dexter Styles when she was 11 years. Why did Styles say Anna was strong to her dad Eddie Kerrigan? Did that set the tone for who Anna would become?
2. Anna had to prove herself in order to be a diver. Anna dons a diving outfit that weighed over 200 lbs, shoes that were 35 lbs and smelly head gear. Did you find the scene believable?
3. When Anna goes to the night club and see Dexter Styles, she gave him a false name. Why did she do that? What does it imply about her knowledge of her father? Continue reading “Manhattan Beach Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.The book starts off with descriptions of Eleanor’s job. Eleanor had been working at her job since she was 21. She said that the owner felt sorry for her and gave her the job because she had a black eye and a broken arm in a sling. What impressions did you have of Eleanor? What did you think this book was going to be about? Why do you think the author included this at the beginning? Continue reading “Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.Kate, Aubrey and Jenny were three young women from different backgrounds when they met at college. Did you think that they were likely to be best friends?
2. At the beginning of the book, who did you like the most of the three friends? Why? Continue reading “It’s Always The Husband Book Club Discussion Questions”