1. Harris Mickler was a bad guy and a predator. He drugged his victims and then blackmailed them. Did he get what he deserved when Fin switched the Rohypnol drug and he ended up with it?
2. Why do you think Fin decided to spy on Harris Mickler in the first place? Is $50,000 an enticement?
3. Fin asked Vero why she chose to help her hide the body. Vero said she liked her odds with the cover up/burial. She did the math and thought that getting away with murder had better odds. What are your thoughts on Vero’s calculations?
4. Which character did you like the most? Why?
5. What do you think of the relationship between Fin and Vero? How does it change from the beginning of the book to the end?
6. Which part of the story made you laugh the most?
7. Who did you root for, “The Lawyer” or “The Cop” as Fin’s potential love interest? What did you like about each man? How are the men similar and how are they different to each other?
8. Does Finlay or Vero play an realistic hit-woman? Could you see Finlay being a hit-mom?
9. The connection to the Russian Mafia was mention, did you see that coming? Were you surprised that the stakes got a lot higher?
10. Which part of the book surprised you?
11. What did you think of the cliff-hanger at the end of the book? Are you intrigued? Will you read the sequel, Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead?
12. After reading the book, who would you recommend it to?
Enhance your book club:
Everyone wears a blonde wig, sunglasses and a scarf to the book club.
Bring Panera pastries!
Check out the video below with Elle Cosimano in conversation with Megan Miranda.