1. How is Margie similar to her grand daughter Madeleine? What did they both want?
2. The book is written with Madeleine viewpoint in 1999 and what happened to her grandmother Margie in 1924. Did you enjoy the back and forth between the two stories in the book? Which story interested you more? Continue reading “The Light Of Paris Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.Were you surprised by who the murderer was? Did you guess right?
2. Kate English and Blaire Barrington’s friendship ended because of Simon and a difference in opinions. What did you think about the friendship between Kate and Blaire? Do you think that their friendship was tenuous? Have you fallen out with a friend because of a new boyfriend/girlfriend?
3. Which character did you least like? Which character did you like?
4. Can you relate to, or identify with any of the characters? Continue reading “The Last Time I Saw You Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.What is a definition of feminism? Who is a feminist? What does the book tell us about feminist and feminism in the 21st century?
2. Faith and Greer grew up in different eras. What has changed in their respective youths? Can you relate to the generational differences in feminism as the book progressed?
3. What did you think about Greer when she didn’t hand over the letter that Zee wrote for Faith? Was Greer selfish? Why did Greer jeopardize their friendship? Continue reading “The Female Persuasion Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.Assunta Mascaro, Stella’s mother was very religious. She believed in Jesus Christ and went to mass. When Assunta went into labor with her first child, the older women of Ievoli hung mint over her bed to ward off the Evil Eye. Why do you think that the women, who believed in God, also practiced things to ward off the Evil Eye? Is there a contradiction here? How do you explain it?
2. Of Stella’s many near deaths, which one did you like the most? Why? Continue reading “The Seven Or Eight Deaths Of Stella Fortuna Book Club Discussion Questions”
Read synopsis here.
1. Anna Kerrigan was not wearing stockings or shoes on the beach when she met Dexter Styles when she was 11 years. Why did Styles say Anna was strong to her dad Eddie Kerrigan? Did that set the tone for who Anna would become?
2. Anna had to prove herself in order to be a diver. Anna dons a diving outfit that weighed over 200 lbs, shoes that were 35 lbs and smelly head gear. Did you find the scene believable?
3. When Anna goes to the night club and see Dexter Styles, she gave him a false name. Why did she do that? What does it imply about her knowledge of her father? Continue reading “Manhattan Beach Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.The book starts off with descriptions of Eleanor’s job. Eleanor had been working at her job since she was 21. She said that the owner felt sorry for her and gave her the job because she had a black eye and a broken arm in a sling. What impressions did you have of Eleanor? What did you think this book was going to be about? Why do you think the author included this at the beginning? Continue reading “Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.Kate, Aubrey and Jenny were three young women from different backgrounds when they met at college. Did you think that they were likely to be best friends?
2. At the beginning of the book, who did you like the most of the three friends? Why? Continue reading “It’s Always The Husband Book Club Discussion Questions”
1.The story starts with Kya’s Ma leaving and Kya waiting for her to come back. Later Jodie, then her Pa also left. How do you think abandonment shaped Kaya’s outlook in life. What repercussions did it have? Why did she leave?
2. Kya’s dad started taking her out on the boat. Did you think that it was a turning point in their relationship? Why did he leave? Continue reading “Where The Crawdads Sing Book Club Discussion Questions”
Read synopsis here.
1. Why was Saverio Armandonada’s relationship with his dad Leone so strained after Saverio told his dad that he didn’t want to work in the Ford Rouge factory and start a career in singing? Was Leone’s response to Saverio typical of the Italian-American for that time? Can you understand Leone’s side of the argument? What repercussions did the argument have?
Continue reading “Tony’s Wife Book Club Discussion Questions”
“They tell you they pay you, you go on the road, they no pay you. I hear stories of the show business. It’s for gypsies. You work, the boss keeps all the money. You starve. He gets fat and he gets showgirls and you get nothing.”Tony’s Wife, page 25.
Discussion Questions: The Address by Fiona Davis.
1. Have you read any other works by Fiona Davies? If so, did you find her writing style enjoyable and easy to follow?
2. Do you enjoy reading novels with parallel plots and story lines?
3. Do you feel Fiona Davis captured the parallel plot lines she
interwove into the story?
4. Was there anything in the book that surprised you?
Continue reading “The Address Book Club Discussion Questions”