Discussion Questions: The Address by Fiona Davis.
1. Have you read any other works by Fiona Davies? If so, did you find her writing style enjoyable and easy to follow?
2. Do you enjoy reading novels with parallel plots and story lines?
3. Do you feel Fiona Davis captured the parallel plot lines she
interwove into the story?
4. Was there anything in the book that surprised you?
5. What character did you most relate to? Who did you like the most?
6. The Address is a historical fiction that dealt with two time periods. How well do you think the author conveyed the eras? Did Davis capture both time period accurately?
7. Was The Address, I could not put it down kind of book for you?
8. Did you feel this novel captured every emotion described in the book? Did it make your emotions rise and fall?
9. Did you find the Sara Smythe character believable?
10. The Address had many themes- love, hate, fear, death, class, mental illness to name a few. Which theme did you find the most interesting? Why?
11. Many of the tenants of the Dakota sees Melinda’s renovation of the Dakota as disrespectful. What are your thoughts about renovating historical buildings? Are you in favor of keeping the original architecture or do you prefer more modern changes?
12. Discuss Mrs. Camden, Theo and Sara characters. How does your view of the characters change as the book progressed?
13. Have you ever visited the Dakota building in NYC? Would you like to after reading the book?
14. Have you ever visited Strawberry Fields?
15. After reading the book, who would you pass it along to?