We LOVE comments! Please put your thoughts on The Goldfinch Book Club Questions in the comments area below.
1. Did you enjoy The Goldfinch and would you recommend this book to your friends?
2. The Goldfinch is 771 pages long. Did it keep you engage while reading it?
3. Donna Tartt is very descriptive and goes into depth over every little nuance and scene, did you find her writing wordy or did you enjoy the depth of her writing? Do you feel the time it took you to read The Goldfinch was worth it?
4. Do you feel after reading and absorbing all that happened in The Goldfinch that the book was a realistic portrayal of life and tragedy? Which part of the book did you find realistic?
5. Who were your favorite characters in the novel and why?
6. There were many themes in The Goldfinch, such as art, beauty, loss, family, and freedom. Which theme appear to be most prominent in your mind?
7. Tartt’s use of some British English words and saying that were used by certain characters did not appear appropriate for the American characters, why do you think she did that and did it affect your perception of these characters?
8. Was the conclusion of the story what you expected or did it take you by surprise?
See our review of The Goldfinch.
Check out other book club discussion questions!