1.What did you think of Evelyn Hugo? Did you admire or disapprove of her behavior? Why?
2. Did you find the book engaging right away, or did it take some time to engage you? Was it a page-turner?
3. Who was your favorite character? Why did you like them the most?
4. Did you like the structure of the book? Did the flip back and forth in time period enhance your reading experience?
5. The book was interspersed with news/blog article. Did the news help you appreciate what was going on in the story?
6. Each of the husbands had its own section with a moniker, such as Poor Ernie Diaz or Goddamn Don Adler. What are the significance of these descriptions? Are the characterizations from Evelyn? Do they sum up the chapter?
7. The book explored themes such as sexual orientation, gender, spousal relationship, friendship, betrayal, domestic abuse, the cost of fame to name a few. Which theme impacted you the the most?
8. What surprised you in the book?
9. Which of the seven husbands did you like the most? Who surprised you?
10. What did you think of Monique? Do you think she changed as a result of meeting Evelyn? Why?
11. Did you find the ending satisfactory?
12. Would you read another book by Taylor Jenkins Reid after reading this book?
Enhance Your Book Club:
Check out the Study Guide: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo that includes chapter summaries and analysis, commentaries on characters and themes.