What is the Liebster Award?
For those that are not familiar with the Liebster Award, it is an online award that bloggers give to other bloggers. The award is to recognize the blogger’s work. From what I can gather in my research, it started in 2011 and continues to spread in the online blogging community, recognizing up and coming blogs online.
Once you get nominated, you are to answer the 11 questions the blogger has asked and then you nominate up to 11 new blogs that you like and ask them 11 questions.
What are the rules for the Liebster Award?
- Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you.
- Create a post on your blog showing the logo for the Liebster Award.
- Answer the 11 questions for the blogger that nominated you.
- Provide rules and and instructions for accepting the award.
- Nominate up to 11 blogs that you love for the Liebster Award.
- Ask 11 questions for the new nominees for the Liebster Award.
- Notify your nominees.
Thank you to Joyce from The Paperback Princess for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Please check her wonderful blog!
2. Who is your favourite villain?
The Emperor in Star Wars. He’s so cloak and dagger…
3. If you could be a character from a book, who would it be and why?
Lyra Belacqua from The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman. I really loved the parallel universe that Pullman created and would want to experience the adventures Lyra has.
4. Who is your favourite author?
That’s a hard one to answer. I can’t name one author but the author that I have read the most is John Sandford. I’ve read his complete Prey series (including his latest Golden Prey).
5. What are you currently reading? And are you liking it so far?
I am reading Beartown by Fredrick Backman and Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan. I am liking Beneath a Scarlet Sky so far. It’s a page turner.
6. Which genre do you absolutely hate?
I don’t read horror (I get too scared) and I haven’t read erotica but think that would bore me to tears. I read Fifty Shades of Grey and it was terrible!
7. How do you organize your books on your bookshelf?
I am unorganized so the books are not organized well. Books by same author are together and fiction and non fiction have different shelves.
8. What are your bookish pet peeves?
I don’t like any of the book pages to have a fold. If you need to book mark, please don’t bend the pages, use a book mark!
9. Which do you prefer: Hardcover, Paperback or ebook?
I love hardcover to read but find e-books really convenient.
10. Have you ever bought a book without reading the description?
I haven’t bought a book without reading the description but have read books at random just by the looking at the book cover.
11. Where is your favourite place to read?
I love to curl up and read in my big comfy chair.
Olivia @Olivia’s Catastrophe
Alicia @ Kernel of Nonsense
Cee Arr @ Diary of a Reading Addict
Jodie @ Believe in Fairy Stories
Soudha @ Of Stacks and Cups
Gemma @The Travelling Bibliophile
Jessica @A Baker’s Perspective
Carrie @ Reading is my Superpower
Trisha @ Joy of Reading
QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES:
1. What is your favorite part about blogging?
2. Which book has made a big impact on you?
3. Which is your favorite, audio book, e-book, paperback or hardcover?
4. Which author would you like to meet?
5. What are your top 3 books?
6. Where is the weirdest place that you’ve read?
7. What is your favorite children’s book?
8. What Young Adult series is your favorite?
9. What book would you recommend a friend to read now?
10. Is there a movie that you prefer over the book version?
11. What sort of book covers draws you in?